What a difference a century makes. When this industrial complex was built in 1925, it was used first to build submarines, and then by McGrath Steel to fabricate rebar. After sitting vacant for years, REDCO Development purchased the site with a vision to reposition it for more modern times. Made up of a two-story office and one large industrial building, 6655 Hollis has become home to Symbio, a cutting-edge Robotics and Artificial Intelligence company.
In addition to landscaping and site work, GCI performed the building rehab and office buildout, which features new interconnecting stairs, an electrical service upgrade, and the replacement of all mechanical equipment. The exterior features a mural painted by local artists that spans two sides of the property and creates an eye-catching effect for passerby.