Constructed in 1902, 1 Kearny Street is a twelve-story French Empire building and a survivor of the 1906 earthquake that has been designated a historical landmark. An annex designed by Charles Moore in the 1960s braces the east side and is also designated historical. GCI provided various interior improvements that allow the owner to achieve historical tax credits. GCI’s scope of work included shell improvements, interior exposed brick restoration, the maintenance and repair of existing operable wood windows, and an energy-efficient Daikin VRV system. A magnificent conference center was added to the top floor which was awarded an Honor Award by the IIDA.